Michael Antoniades, Executive VP & COO
Stephern Allison, SVP of Integration & Chief Human Resources Officer
Tuesday, December 28, 2021
First, to all of you who, again, are demonstrating an extraordinary commitment to our patients, community and one another as we are confronted with yet another wave in the COVID-19 pandemic, thank you. The rapid transmissibility of the Omicron variant, compounded by the virus’ ability to “breakthrough” vaccine prevention has led us to revisit many of the protocols established early in the pandemic to protect patients and staff alike. Please review the following:
- In order to ensure our ability to safely care for patients, we are asking staff who are scheduled to take vacations in January to voluntarily postpone travel plans with the assurance your time will be protected for 6 months.
- A reminder that all international business travel is suspended until further notice.
- Likewise, we are suspending all local and national business-related travel, including to conferences and seminars.
- Employees should use their discretion regarding personal international and domestic travel, which increase the risk of both getting and spreading COVID-19. For more information about general travel restrictions, please visit the CDC website
- Staff who choose to proceed with personal international travel and return unable to work for COVID-19 quarantine will be unpaid for their period of absence.
Employee COVID-19 Testing:
- Employees who require testing for known exposure to COVID-19 positive individuals and those who are symptomatic for COVID-19 are to go to a dedicated Maimonides employee-only testing site at 5014 Fort Hamilton Parkway.
- The hours of this site are Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm.
- We kindly ask staff to be patient and considerate of one another as the volume of employees who seek testing may create longer wait times.
- Employees who are symptomatic while at work during the hours when the testing site is closed should notify their supervisor, then go to the Emergency Department (Walk-In Entrance on 49th St.) to be tested. Again, we ask staff to be patient in the ED, as this is not a traditional testing site and staff must prioritize true ED patient care.
- Employees should not, under any circumstances, go to the lab for testing.
Symptomatic Employees Calling Out of Work:
- Please be sure to follow your department’s guidelines for reporting symptomatic illness. If you are unclear about your department’s established process, please consult your supervisor.
Again, our sincere thanks and appreciation for your dedication and commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of our patients and colleagues.